Tuesday, November 13, 2012

LOTSA SALES COMING!!!!

So now that I'm caught up with back orders from Sandy and everything is humming along again, it's time to announce a  bunch of sales coming your way! November 17th will kick off a series of sales for different percentages on different dates.  There will be 6 sales in all that will end on December 17th.  So keep checking the shop -  I have different percentages off planned for specific dates, and sales will be shop wide.

Time to get those coupons ready!!!!

Also, I am growing my line of handmade goods again.  I will soon be offering handmade by me polymer clay gift boxes, candle holders and plates, charms, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, wall art, ornaments, art dolls and more. 

Finally, you may have noticed that I am no longer selling leather bracelets in my shop.  Etsy has told me that I cannot sell items that are not handmade by me on Etsy.  There have to be over 25 other shops on Etsy who are still selling the same exact bracelets that I was and yet Etsy is allowing them to do this.  This is shades of Pandora vs European beads all over again.  This is grossly unfair and I would love to now why it seems I am being singled out yet again. *sigh*  nuff said.  If you were planning to purchase leather from me for the holidays, please email me directly at egrobeck@hotmail.com and I'll invoice you directly through paypal.  I will be uploading photos of what I have available to my flickr site (http://www.flickr.com/photos/cookala/sets/72157632002953673/) , so you can browse my Flickr site to find what you want.  Each item will have an item# in the title - all you have to do  is email me with the item#s and I will invoice you through paypal directly.  Once you pay the invoice I will immediately ship your order.  This is the only quick way to make these items available to you.  I will eventually find another online venue where I can sell the leather items.  Until then, we can work through FLickr and Paypal.

Also, I have had a bunch of international orders supposedly never arrive, and numerous non-delivery cases opened against me.  I suspect more than a few of these are plain and simple scams.  This is  grossly unfair to me. It is not my fault if the postal system loses an order.  The postal system should be made to pay for the item, not me!  Yet paypal and Etsy, in cases like this will take the customers word for it and side with them, and that results in me having to refund the customer in full AND lose the cost of the inventory.  Now, this may not seem like a lot of money, but when you multiply the average $20 order by 4 or 5 a month, that adds up VERY quickly. So, I've had it.  I am no longer shipping international orders unless the customer purchases insurance. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment