Wednesday, June 13, 2012

APOLOGY UPDATE



Well, 9 days have passed without a word or the decency of a reply from the owner of Shop Marketing Helper.  So, I have officially given up and cancelled my subscription.  It was a painful decision, but I can't bring myself to pay for services I don't receive and the piss poor customer service  that is lavishly handed out. 

I have also done some investigating on the forums at Etsy, and it seems I am not alone.  Lots of users are having lots of assorted problems, including those with the owner who actually had the low-life nerve to call one user a "bitch" in a reply to her emails and pleas for help.  What kind of person does that?  Surely not one I want to associate with.  I also discovered that Etsy has removed the application from their approved list of suggested add-on apps - so what does that tell you?  There were also a lot of very negative comments about the owner and how he treats his customers, and that the app has A LOT of problems, and also alot of comments warning potential customers to think twice about subscribing to the app. 

Well, I guess we all can't be wrong then.

So I have opened a case with Paypal and I am asking for a refund of this months fees.  I have not been able to use the application for 9 days now, and as I've said I've cancelled my subscription.  So, this means you're not going to see postings to this blog on a daily basis anymore.  It pains me, but it's something I feel compelled to do.  I will try to post here as often as time allows.

It's sad.  Here's a fabulous piece of software that does an awful lot for the user.  It's a huge timesaver - I could automate specific listings and forget about it.  And I could also schedule the automations for future dates.  And, by doing this and being able to share my listings on the social media (Tumblr, Twitter, FB, StumbleUpon and this blog) it insured a daily advertising ability that brought in a lot of shop traffic and hence, sales.  What a waste that the piss poor management and customer service, plus one gigundo ass of an owner, has left such a sour taste in the mouth of so many Etsy sellers, sellers who have a desperate and real need for this type of help.  *sigh* 

What a waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment