Wednesday, May 30, 2012

BLING BLING!!!!! AND MORE

I have been very busy purchasing this year's stock over the last few months and I have many new items now to offer!  One of them is the latest in bling bling - multi-tracked cubic zirconia/crystal resin beads.  These are really awesome, and the photos really don't capture their beauty!  They are very light weight, not like a metal bead, so they won't add more weigh to your bracelet, and they are ultra sparkly!  Even out of direct light they still reflect light, but in a more subdued way.  I have lots of colors and color combos available that I have just listed. And I have more bling on order and soon to be delivered - I don't have photos yet but there are some really pretty crystal beads coming - channels (rectangular shaped crystals) and multi-studded barrels, pomegranites and balls.  Also new is the addition of gold Pandora style jewelry for those of you who have been asking!  Expect to see new listings for gold plated bracelets and beads any day now!
I
Also new are the addition of Pandora stamped lampwork beads.   Each of these beads is handmade, so there may be minor variations - but that is exactly why they are truly OOAK beads. I am selling them individually for $8 (Includes shipping) and they look very, very authentic.  I am also stocking single core Murano lampwork beads.  They are more expensive beads because their quality is so much better than the double cored beads.  I have been incorporating them into my bracelets, necklaces and bead sets, and that is why you have seen a small increase in my pricing. 

Also new to the shop are basketball wives mesh beads. I have them in every color now, and they add some really nice texture and interest to the lampwork beads.  I am still debating if I will sell them as an item, it depends on how many of you request that.  So, if you want to purchase just the mesh beads send me an Etsy mail and if enough of you request them I will make some listings up.
I am now looking into becoming an official Pugster dealer.  If you've visited my shop in the last few months you have probably noticed that I have begun stocking authentic Pugster beads.  I think Pugster has amazing quality - so much better than the typical Tibetan/Bali silver beads.  And the detail in their theme beads is amazing!  They also have a huge selection, and are always adding new beads to their collection.                                                                                        



So, as soon as I get the new items I try to list them but it is a time consuming process.  I have to take photos and clean them up, then I have to catalog them and then I can do the listing.  It's a lot of little steps to get through, and I have to balance that with packaging orders and social networking.  I really need at least 3 clones of me so I can kick back at the beach this summer and still be as responsive as I usually am!! 

And speaking of summer, it has finally arrived here.  It's been 3H weather suddenly - hot hazy humid - as it usually is when Memorial Day comes.  It's also been very , very rainy off and on all month.  But I expect things are going to dry up soon now.  Last year I was so busy with the shop that I didn't get to the beach at all after May, so this year I am making time for the beach.  I really need to get started making viking knit bracelets and I generally do it at the beach, so they never got made last year.   In order to free up my time I am going to have to slow my shop operations down a little - this means shipping orders 1-2x a week,  a lot less time spent on the computer and at Etsy, doing less social networking and perhaps even closing shop for a week here and there.  It's just something I have to do this year to regain some of my sanity!  The beach is my way of de-stressing and coming back to myself again.  I like to think of it as my personal therapist.  I will still check my Etsy mail each night, so please be patient if my responses are slower than they normally are.  It's just for the summer.

And with that said, I want to wish everyone a healthy, fun and safe summer 2012. Enjoy it.  I will still be around on rainy days and in the evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment